//]]>

I'm not addicted to Forge of Empires. I can quit anytime. No really I can! Just not today.

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Stellar Age Discovery (SAD)

 Testing ends July 22, 2026 tentative Beta release July 28, 2026 subject to final story line changes.

EDIT: July 25, 2026 we were told they will not meet the July 28 date and expect about a 2 week delay.

Second Edit: Roll-out to start in early August.  September launch on Beta.  Second week of October for live server.  All dates taken with grain of salt as it's more than a year behind.

Third edit:  Roll-out moved up to launch on Beta second week of August.  Exact date TBD

Mission Control Hub

Units:

FGX-103 Shadow light melee unit

  • HP 10
  • Damage 1780
  • Armor 1910
  • Range 3
  • Initiative 70 
  • Move 30
  • power 3000
  • Has bonus against fast unit FGX-101 Skyrider attack and defense +12,500 added an additional 12,500 on rocks

    Special skills:

    • Stealth hides in plains AND rocks
    • Contact always retaliates but still only had range of 3 in testing so it loses a lot of it's usefulness
    • Frenzy deals splash damage to all enemy units within one tile of the targeted unit.  
    Note: frenzy normally does 50% damage but in testing it did 100% damage in SAD.  Let's wait to see what makes it to beta.


    FGX-104 Hammer artillery unit

    • HP 10
    • Damage 1910
    • Armor 1720
    • Range 24
    • initiative 80
    • Move 10
    • Power 3000
    • Bonus against heavy units FGX-102 Anvil and FGX-100 Champion attack and defense +7,500

    Special skills:

    • MIRV +2 targets unit and up to 3 additional units in the 2 tile range
    • Recharge +1 fires every other turn.  So turn 1, 3, 5 etc.
    • Only firing on odd turns makes this unit non-viable


     FGX-105 Assassin range unit

    • HP 10
    • Damage 1650
    • Armor 1910
    • Range 10
    • initiative 60
    • move 16
    • power 3000 
    • attack and defense bonuses against light unit +10,000 added 10,000 bonus on rocks

    Special Skills:

    • Power shot ignores most defensive skill and terrain
    • Reactive Armor +4 cannot take more than 4 points of damage per attack.  Units with Keen Eye or Critical Hit can deal damage that surpasses the damage cap.  Also some units ignore reactive armor
    • Stealth hides on rock terrain.  There is not a lot of rock terrain in testing so that limits the usefulness

    FGX-101 Skyrider fast unit

    • HP 10
    • Damage 1600
    • Armor 2100 changed to 2110
    • Range 4
    • initiative 80
    • move 30
    • power 3000
    • bonus against artillery units +12,500 attack and defense
    Special Skills:
    • Flying cannot be attacked by artillery units.  Ignores terrain cost.  If you use 8 flying units you can reach enemy units and make 8 hits unless enemy units also use flying units.
    • Contact - always retaliates against attacks (range of 4)
    • Force field absorbs up to 2 damage points but will allow a minimum of 1 damage point.  Critical hit and keen eye bonus are calculated first so unit can still be one-shot.  The damage reduction is applied after critical hit and keen eye calculations.  

    FGX-102 Anvil heavy unit

    • HP 10
    • Damage 1650
    • Armor 2290 
    • Range 8
    • initiative 45
    • move 20
    • power 3000
    • bonus against range units +7,500 attack and defense edit added an additional 8,000 on plains

    Special Skills:

    • Reactive Armor +5 cannot take more than 4 points of damage per attack.  Units with Keen Eye or Critical Hit can deal damage that surpasses the damage cap.  Also some units ignore reactive armor
    • Force field absorbs up to 2 damage points but will allow a minimum of 1 damage point.  Critical hit and keen eye bonus are calculated first so unit can still be one-shot.  The damage reduction is applied after critical hit and keen eye calculations.  
    • Stealth hides on hill terrain.  There is not a lot of rock terrain in testing so that limits the usefulness

    Notes:  Artillery units have a bonus against heavy units and despite the defensive bonus they heavy units were routinely slaughtered


    FGX-100 Champion -heavy

    • HP 10
    • damage 2040
    • armor 2430
    • range 8
    • initiative 40
    • move 20
    • power 3300
    • bonus against range units +8,000 attack and defense added 8,000 bonus on plain for attack and defense

    Special Skills:

    • Reactive Armor +5 cannot take more than 4 points of damage per attack.  Units with Keen Eye or Critical Hit can deal damage that surpasses the damage cap.  Also some units ignore reactive armor
    • Blast - gain increased damage output for every tile closer to the target.  Some of the units in SAD have a very short range so this works to the advantage of players using blast units.  On auto-battle the AI will advance these champions as far forward as possible.  That can be a problem for players using rogues.  While the tool tip at this time doesn't state it champions ignore stealth and can hit stealth units at range regardless of what terrain they hide on.
    • Morale - all your units start with 1 additional point of armor to your attack and defense boost.  This does not stack.

    Inno went out of their way to rock/paper/scissors this new age so there isn't one dominant unit.

    So I know.  Blah, blah blah what's the best?

    For high attrition fighting I enjoyed 8 champions.  Just plant a champion retreat in city, age up and collect on stellar warship.

    Manual fighters will have a better time than auto-battle players.  The short range of some of the units get exploited by blast ability

    Stealth didn't seem all that powerful in testing but frenzy did.

    Light units weren't useless.

    Artillery would be awesome if it didn't take every other turn off.  Because of that artillery isn't the best or even a good choice in SAD

    Range units killed easily and had a lot of survivability.  Manual fighters will love it.  (One of us used range+rogue and thought it to be the best combination)

    I used 8 fast units more than anything.  You always hit first.  Even if the enemy troops have 4 fast units you still get the first 6 hits.  With crit and keen eye you should be able to take-out half their troops on that first wave.  It has a bonus against range which is what tipped the scale ahead of range units for me.  Fast unit abilities are really useful and the short range works to your advantage as enemy units hitting it triggers contact.  Not trying to spoil anything but getting fast units early is pretty easy.

    Heavy unit was ok and better than the heavy units of previous years but it pales in comparison to the champions.

    Early testing had units with range of 1 so improvement I guess.

    So the simple answer is try it, play it, see what works best for you.  Unlike recent ages there are no bad units.  Even the light unit is ok but I enjoyed fast units best and only switched to champions for unlimited attrition fighting on trial 12.  Another tester used range and rogues.  4 champions + rogue did really well for full attrition on simulation.

    Any or all of this can change before it goes live but this is where we're at right now.

    Edit: Aug 1st.  First teaser set to launch in a couple of days.  Slow drip-drip of explainer posts to follow about 10 days later.  Then we can talk about it.

    Share:

    35 comments:

    1. Stop misleading people with your spoiler-based theories.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. DifferentAnonymousGuyJuly 25, 2026 at 10:44 AM

        Ignore such comments like the one above. The info on this site is quite useful. Thank you for what you do

        Delete
      2. Lol is that you Ubernerd?

        Delete
    2. You never contribute anything new that wasn't already in the spoilers: https://discord.com/channels/1171840897596534804/1176476514326433880/threads/1501518837101887568

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. DifferentAnonymousGuyJuly 25, 2026 at 10:44 AM

        I am not on Discord so always appreciate all updates here!

        Delete
      2. I'm not on discord so I appreciate what this site does for foe players. The question is why are you upset about it? Why do you care?

        Delete
      3. So I looked on discord and they did post troop information on July 24. That's great and it matches what was posted here on July 22. Now I may be old but how did this site copy discord when it posted 2 days before the information showed up on discord?

        But I will also say this. I don't give F if this exact same information is posted on every site that services FoE players.
        I don't have to register an account here. There are no ads popping up or flashing on the side of my screen. These guys aren't trying to get me to tip them on patreon although I would if they set it up.
        On discord I have register an account with email, phone number and have they implemented photo ID yet? So the Chinese company that owns discord can know everything I look at and post about.
        How would your life be better anonymous user if the information we as players want is only available on the platform you prefer? A platform that regular users who don't have a discord account cannot access?
        Go F yourself my dude. This site is awesome and they don't ask us for anything. It's all free.

        Now click like, subscribe, leave a comment, go to my patreon page and give me views because I monetize my discord page.

        I love how they've left your comment up so we can clown on you.

        Delete
      4. Lol this site copied discord by publishing 2 days before it was on discord. Make this make sense!

        Delete
      5. dude says the local new should shut down because he can get weather update somewhere else next level stupid

        Delete
      6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

        Delete
      7. I've been using this site in my guild for over a year and the information is solid. I shared the post in guild and checked the date and it was on the 22cnd. It's easy for everyone to access and you don't need to register an account on discord so some a-hole can monetize their discord page.
        But I did want to see if you had any merit so I checked the meta data and here it is.
        https://ibb.co/RpZ9FDCt
        I tried copy/paste here but blogger won't allow the tags in comments.

        The date is July 22.
        So whoever you are you can just kindly fuck-off with your false accusations. People are doing this for free. Your response should be thank you or silence.

        For the record I don't care who posts stuff first. I get my information here, it's good, it's accurate, it's free. So run along troll.

        Delete
      8. You appear to not be well so I'm going to remove your comments so more people don't dog pile you. I hope you get whatever help you need and live a long and happy life.

        Delete
    3. Any hints about the SAD GB?

      ReplyDelete
    4. We will have a new age in two weeks. Where have I heard that before, lol.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It's already a year late right? So delays are like the sun rise. You can always count on it until there's an eclipse.

        Delete
      2. Yes we're a year into the delays so nothing will shock me. Just repeating what we're told and not holding my breath.

        Delete
    5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
    6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You appear to not be well so I'm going to remove your comments so more people don't dog pile you. I hope you get whatever help you need and live a long and happy life.

        Delete
      2. The internet is full of crazy people. Congrats on getting a hater. Sorry you guys have to deal with that.

        Delete
      3. I'm reading the comment and can't understand what the issue is? You're accused of having content that ended up on discord 2 days later? There is so much to complain about and I don't know how that's one of them? Please keep up the good work and just ignore the trolls. I appreciate what you guys bring to this community. Especially the master spreadsheet. I use that all the time. Also, the QI settlement conversion tool. You guys are great.

        Delete
      4. Thank you for the kind words and I'm glad you get something out of the tools we offer.
        If you feel you don't understand what the issue is we're confused as well. Apparently we copied information that was on discord two days after we posted so copied from in front. I guess that's a thing now? It appears someone is unwell mentally so I'd rather not be part of the dog pile. The argument or complaint isn't just bad faith it's unhinged so we left his original rant up and marked all the rest of them as spam. Hope he gets the help he needs.

        Delete
    7. Thanks guildkilla. I wouldn't know where to begin with meta data nor do I feen the need to jump through hoops for what appears to be a mentally unwell person.
      And for the record we will continue posting FoE content when it's close to being released simply because it changes a lot in the development process. There's no advantage to posting content that may change drastically months in advance unless we're assured which parts are locked-in and what parts are likely to change.
      That's why you will see posts with stuff still there but strike-out and red edit text after it explaining the changes.

      None of us have discord or use the forums but if you all have stuff that this community would like to see from those platforms please feel free to send it. It's all about getting information to players. The conversation about where it appears first was comical. We don't care if you send in 10yr old information if it's good we'll post it and give attribution.
      We're players helping players. Who gets the info first is a non-issue for us.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. And now comments need approval? Wow, long live free speech! Down with the censorship!!!!

        Delete
      2. This site has always had moderated comments as far as I remember. I think they moved to automated comments a while ago. There's a post here if you care to search for it. If they have switched to human moderation it won't affect any of the normal users of this site.
        Free speech means the government can't restrict your speech. A private site doesn't have to tolerate trolls. If you read this comment thread there was some troll going off about discord. Removing those comments appears to be a mercy killing as the community was dunking on him.

        Delete
      3. I've used this site for over a year. I'm not fond of youtuber videos and prefer just plain text to get my game information. I'm sorry you guys have to deal with the trolls. You have helped me with events specifically but also just general gameplay. This is my first comment because I want to offset the negative troll. Please don't let the troll discourage you from continuing this site. Thank you for what you do. Best to you

        Delete
      4. Weird to argue censorship when the original comments are still up. We just marked the increasingly unhinged comments as spam and went about our day.

        Delete
    8. I had a gut feeling that Inno was going to release the new age and GB update together but who knows. I'm getting tired of waiting for the GB update.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. My theory is the just release everything together because it will mitigate the outrage. People want the new age. People will hate the GB upgrade. Just drop it all at the same time maybe with an event and let chaos reign!

        Delete
      2. As far as strategy goes just releasing all the stuff at once would be brilliant.

        Delete
    9. I appreciate that you have an angry person ranting in your threads but could you please not label them mentally ill. It's hard enough for people with mental health issues without that label being used to excuse all manner of bad behaviour. Cheers

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for the comment. I don’t take mental health issues lightly. I think something like 25% of people either have or have people close to them that are dealing with mental health struggles. Two of the four people that contribute to this site are amongst the 25%.
        I didn’t use the “mentally ill” or “mentally unwell” as a slur or pejorative. Nor did I mean to imply that mentally unwell or people that struggle with mental illness do things that this particular troll is doing. Most people who struggle with mental health issues present as “normal”. That word is in quotes intentionally.
        This person isn’t just angry they appear ungrounded to reality. They seem to have obsessive, intrusive thoughts. I didn’t want people to dog pile them as they posted progressively more unhinged comments so I marked them as spam. If this person finds it therapeutic to hate comment then he can continue to do so as they just go to a spam folder. I have no ill will towards them and do hope they get the help they need.
        I also don’t want to stigmatize people who have mental health issues generally. Solidarity to anyone that is or has someone in their life that is going through it.

        Delete
    10. Useful information, thanks.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Just saw the teaser announcement on Beta

      https://support.innogames.com/kb/ForgeOfEmpires/en_DK/6940

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. They're particular about this new age roll-out so we won't be able to deep dive the new age until the second teaser/explainer about the missions and difficulty levels.

        Delete

    All comments auto moderated. Please be civil and avoid naughty boo-boo words. The bot doesn't like them.

    Answering more common questions about SAD

     We're getting a lot of questions about requirements for SAD and very specifically how much SASH dark matter you need or special goods o...

    BTemplates.com

    Search This Blog

    Translate

    Pages - Menu

    Pages - Menu

    Most Viewed