//]]>

I'm not addicted to Forge of Empires. I can quit anytime. No really I can! Just not today.

Thursday, October 8, 2026

All the GB's in their final form.

 

Nerfed but still good.

Build to lv 201


A must have for diamond worlds but it's expensive to level for that small blue attack GbG multiplier.


I don't see a reason to level this beyond 201


CF was once one of the best GB's in the game.  For anyone in the most current age this is a delete GB.

Massive nerf to what used to be the best GB in the game and it didn't have to be this way.  They could have just added additional contribution boosts but instead they took away our existing boosts.  On live servers right now if you take spots on a level 101 GB and you have a level 180 Arc you can take them at 2.0.  After this "upgrade" you will need a level 500 arc and can only contribute at 1.4
This is bad.  This will cause chaos on the levelling threads.
They also nerfed the contribution bonus for copper tier.  lv 180 Arc no longer gives 2.0 I think you have to get it to level 194 but get to lv 201 just to be safe.


The decreased need for special goods makes this GB obsolete.


Inno changed this from blue attack and defense QI to red attack QI.  This one GB change is evidence that the devs do not play this game.  They didn't just drop the defense and keep the blue attack they made it no longer functional.  People don't fight red and blue in QI.  It's a segregated attack so the people building this for blue QI boosts are screwed.  No player would make this change.


This is now back to a completely useless GB.  Inno has done a bait and switch on this one and it's unforgiveable.  Players have rushed to build this in anticipation of the change and Inno just did a rug-pull.



This is interesting but I can't really see anyone building this to level 500.  They also nerfed the number of charges and chance to get double rewards.


If they gave a massive goods boost but let you chose the era then this would have been interesting.  So GB's requiring goods of that era to open levels I could have seen something like this (or other GB's that give goods) being used to alleviate that need.  But they didn't so this is a never build GB.

For Traz the 15% is the multiplier and the 750% is the base boosts.  This is the clear winner.  To be honest the Colosseum should have gotten this upgrade instead of Traz.


Getting AO to level 201 is a for sure but going beyond that?  Players in the most recent age will have no use for that boost.
So the difference between a level 401 Colosseum and a level 500 is 10k medals?  Ok will get right on that.  Inno give me a reason to build this beautiful GB.  This prestige upgrade is fail.

So the difference between a level 201 and level 500 deal castle is 4% multiplier for blue QI attack.  300 level for 4%.  Seriously who's idiot cousin came up with this?


So the difference between lv 201 and lv 500 is 2% multiplier to blue attack GbG, an increase of 5% to the chance of getting a spoils of war and 5 extra charges.  Again, 300 levels for that?

Science ally boost is interesting but this is a never build and tear-down if you have one GB


Waste of space


If you build a lv 500 Arc and lv 500 ShS you can get 1.9 contributions again.  Yah!  The fight boost multiplier is capped at 5% at level 201 so answer honestly.  Will you add 300 more levels for that contribution boost?


If you have a lv 201 you have no reason to level it further.  If you don't have a TA then it's not worth building.


Garbage GB.  My QI defense boost is 2,200 which is overkill already.  This would add 110 at level 500.  You're better-off adding a couple of decorations to your settlement if you need the boost.


Buildings not getting a gold level:






Cosmic Catalyst no longer needs special goods to level.  A rare positive change.


Flying Island is so pretty and a complete waste of space.  








Not worth building


I would like this more if I could chose what age those goods were but it's a little boost.

A little boost from what live server has now.

A boost from what's on live server now.





Just so everyone knows this used to produce 200 troops at level 100.  They did increase the fight boost though.

























Share:

15 comments:

  1. A few thoughts. First the CF, I have mine at level 201 currently and I always complete all of the heroic endeavors. So, that 53% boost on the rewards = 1749 more scrolls to level my allies each week. That seems like a nice benefit to me. Kraken, I'm ticked at what Inno has done but not sure I'll delete my Kraken. The increase in number of strikes may make this fairly decent for a player that fights a lot like myself. Couple quick questions: Would the AO be beneficial for a HAU fighter with the new benefit? Also, would the Seed Vault be of value to an active player's main world? GbG Blue multiplier would age well plus the extra helping hands benefit. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a solid point on the CF. I'm going to have to look at that again when I'm less bitter and don't have a blind rage for Inno.

      I do a lot of fights also like 2k/day GbG and to me Kraken is useless. The help on the limited number of charges would mean players that cannot fight full attrition would have to not collect it until they've hit their max, collect it and get 20ish more fights in. The cost to level it does not justify that tiny bonus. Players are better-off investing those same FP into buildings that multiply their attack boosts to get that benefit 2k/day instead of 20.
      The crit hit was not registering when I used my high level AO (240 ish level). I tested 100 manual fights and it just never triggered the animation when watching it. I can't say for certain I never got the bonus somehow on the backend but it should have one-shot and it didn't. This was using SAT and SASH troops against SAD troops. When switching back to SAD vs. SAD troops it triggered a few time every fight. So in theory yes HAU fighters would benefit and maybe it's just bugged right now.
      The Seed Vault for main worlds is hard to justify because of the cost and the high levels to get it to where it's good. If we were all given lv 500 SV's and just had to find space to place it I would definitely do that. But if we have to spend the goods and FP to get it there I think there are better options.

      Delete
    2. Wow 2k fights a day seems to take up a lot of time.. I do about 400 only lol

      Delete
  2. Thank you very much for posting this! It answered a lot of my questions... but not all of them.

    How do the leveling costs in Beta compare to before? You had recommended we NOT work on SAT, SASH and SAD GBs until post-release, because their leveling costs weren't going to change much, whereas the leveling costs for all the rest were increasing dramatically. Is that still true? It looks like the leveling costs (to 500) are actually lower than before, though I'm not sure where the cross-over point is. Are levels below 200 still cheaper now than they will be? Maybe I'd be better off working on my SAT buildings (currently at L100) to capture the 2.0 bonus rather than trying to push a L180 Arc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The levelling costs have changed quite a bit since the prestige update on beta. Then there was the change last week and if I'm not mistaken they've changed again with this last announcement. I'd be curious to know what to level now on live server to get the most bang for my buck. Provided inno doesn't change it yet again.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for this, it's extremely helpful! I have another question you didn't address...

    Assuming I don't rage quit, how should I approach the period prior to the update on the live servers? You had previously told us to avoid leveling SAT, SASH or SAD buildings because the costs wouldn't be changing much, whereas the costs for the other buildings was increasing dramatically. But now I see the total FP cost for taking GBs to L500 is going down quite a bit.

    Assuming I'm going to lose 2.0 contributions on my GBs, is it better to work on a L100 Hydra than a L160 SV, simply because I can capture more 2.0 contributions thanks to the lower leveling costs? Or is the cost increase on buildings like the SV still pretty material in the L150-200 range, in which case I should give it priority?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep in mind that they've changed contributions twice in the last 8 days so this is very fluid and I found out this morning that they will evaluate how players are levelling on beta before bringing this to live server so it's not just a tech evaluation it's a player behavior evaluation. But right now here's the deal.
      You will still get 2.0 levelling on GB's that don't have a gold tier so waiting to level SAT, SASH or SAD GB's is still solid advice.
      When the new contribution method was introduced on Beta a day ago it was cheaper to level buildings over lv 300 than it was a week prior to that. I'm sure someone will come out with cost of levelling graphs but it won't be us. We're debating if we even want to continue with FoE at all.
      Best advice for live server players right now is pick the GB that is getting a gold tier AND is expensive to level and start levelling it if you like the gold tier bonuses.
      Second viable strategy is pick the GB that will require goods that are hard to get traditionally like EMA (CoA) or PE (Alcatraz) and level that. The decision to roll-back opened but not built levels was a surprise. Yet another bad move in a bad update.

      Delete
  4. I rushed CDM from 0 - 201 when it was first announced as a blue QI focused player, so all those FP (and time) wasted :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. after a day in beta, can someone explain how the arc work exactly? Does the copper tier bonus work only on GB under level 100 or is the gold tier bonus an add on on the normal 100% arc?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have a level 200 Arc and contribute to a copper GB you will get 2.0 return.
      If you contribute to a gold tier GB (lv 101 and higher) you will get 1.19 return.
      I have not tested return on GB that do not have gold tier but are level 101 or higher but I presume you still get the 2.0
      To be honest I find it hard to log into my worlds because I'm disgusted by this game right now.

      Delete
  6. Get your shit together. We need you.
    Dont let them win.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always appreciate what you do. I understand if you stop playing. I had taken a break for a couple months, and am probably not going to go back.

    The rug pulls are bad enough (fortunately I am small enough player so I was only rushing things to 101 which is relatively cheap). I cannot understand why you would nerf the arc like that. I got mine to 180. It frustrates me I don't get 2.0 on copper with that. Also, why get rid of the contribution to gold gbs? How do Inno not understand what people like most about the game is the social aspect, and removing the arc bonus kills the social aspect?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the worst change. The Arc. The other stuff is frustrating, but don't punish people for trying to play the game together.

    Lastly, how can you spend 3 years on a "GB update" and still not understand the purpose of the "GB update"?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it a bug that zeus lost the red defense boost. lvl101 zeus in live gives 76% red att/def boost. Beta shows L101 265% Red attack only...

    ReplyDelete

All comments auto moderated. Please be civil and avoid naughty boo-boo words. The bot doesn't like them.

All the GB's in their final form.

  Nerfed but still good. Build to lv 201 A must have for diamond worlds but it's expensive to level for that small blue attack GbG multi...

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Translate

Pages - Menu

Pages - Menu

Most Viewed