There are some big changes and fortunately a lot of the sneak peak changes didn't make it into this final form but some did.
So we'll break this down into good news/bad news.
Good News:
They're finally doing it. Just rip the band-aid off and stop the uncertainty. After three years of hand-wringing it's finally here for better or worse.
The FP cost is being reduced by about 80%
GB's getting the gold tier (all 21 of them) can now go up to lv 500
All GB's will have their special goods requirements removed. All players of any age can now build any GB. The GB's may require goods of that age (SAT, SASH and SAD) but are no longer age locked due to special goods. That also means players camping in SASH because they need to raise a GB to lv100 that requires special goods are free to age-up.
The contribution reward changes that were introduced a week ago on Beta will be universal. This really is good news. It's a better system for building high level GB's but small GB's may lose their sweet spot we've all come to love (and snipe).
Gold tier GB's will have seven contributor slots instead of five. The spots are cheap and really a way to feed people gold BP's.
All GB's will retain whatever level you find your GB in will be the level after the changes. So if you have a silver CoA at lv 240 it will be a gold CoA at lv 240. If you have a GB that will not receive a gold tier above lv 200 it will be reduced to lv 200. More on that in the bad news section.
We have spoken here many times about how even the prestige levels of the GB's are not sufficient to motivate established players to build because they will still not be able to compete with event buildings. That is why the CoA and Kraken were such good options because they boosted a % of your own boosts. That means as building inflation continues they will continue to be good while the static boosts will become obsolete again. I'll post the full list of changes below now that they're confirmed. More on the kraken in the bad news section.
Arc contribution boosts no longer stop when a GB hits gold level. This is huge as the 1.9 type threads would be a mess the other way. Big asterix on this though.
Bad news:
Silver tier is eliminated.
Buildings not getting a gold tier are still capped at lv 200.
If you have say a level 250 GB that is getting a gold tier it will be a level 250 GB after the change. That is good. What is bad is on both live and beta servers if you have opened up the levels to avoid the additional costs after the change you will lose those levels and be refunded what you invested. (allegedly I will believe when I see)
Some GB's have completely changed what they will give as a bonus and I can't see any of them that improved upon first glance.
So let's get into it.
This is the graphic we were asked to use. I'm sure there will be a more fancy one when this becomes official.
As you can see silver tier is gone.
Copper goes from lv 1 to 200
Gold starts at lv 101 to 500
You can level past 500 but the rewards for doing so will be almost nil. But it's not a hard cap anymore. Unless you're chasing ranking points or want to feed people BP at great expense to yourself it doesn't seem like a good idea.
These are the gold tier bonuses
GE:
Zeus - multiply red attack and defense GE
Lotus Temple - gives boost to science allies (simulates higher level) also boost blue attack and defense GE % multiplier
TA - another kick in the nuts or ovaries. Red and blue attack and defense % boost for.....GE oh that sucks.
Space Carrier - % increase to production of special goods AND...red and blue attack multiplier for..GE so not worth building if you're camping in SASH or higher due to the reduced need of special goods.
Observatory - makes guild goods of current, next age and previous ages AND blue defense multiplier for GE
GbG:
CoA - received a nerf. Now multiplies red attack only GbG
Traz - ladies and gentlemen it's time to build the Traz again. Red and Blue attack and defense GbG and....red and blue attack and defense % boost GbG
Seed Vault - improved helping hands. You get increased chance of better reward when hitting the aid-all button. I want to see how that affects diamonds. AND blue attack and defense GbG multiplier
HC - another kick in the ovaries. Multiplies blue defense GbG. I'm holding out hope that the number here will be huge but I suspect it's a nerf.
QI:
CdM - this is a kick in the nuts for anyone that built this up because they're blue fighters in QI. It now multiplies red attack QI
Deal Castle - multiplies blue attack QI
the Virgo Project - second wave missile launch and red defense multiplier QI
Allies:
Colosseum - boosts military ally (simulates higher level)
CF - gives a % boost to rewards received in heroic tavern
Lotus Temple - gives boost to science allies (simulates higher level) also boost blue attack and defense GE % multiplier
other:
St Mark's Basilica - multiplies goods boost
Royal Albert Hall - goods (not a %)
Arc - the gold levels give boost to gold levels of other GB's. If your Arc is only lv 80 and someone posts a gold tier GB you will not be getting 1.9 back. Past level 100 you will start getting contribution rewards. Now if you're in a guild that uses full-arc boost threads you have a decision to make. If you level your arc to say lv 500 what is the incentive to do so? The new contribution system makes it really hard to snipe so the return on that investment is minimal at best.
AO - this one is interesting. You get a % chance to critical hit (150% damage) against units NOT in your age. It doesn't apply to rogues. Will this be enough for people camping in a lower age and getting next age units to build an AO?
Seed Vault - improved helping hands. You get increased chance of better reward when hitting the aid-all button. I want to see how that affects diamonds. AND blue attack and defense GbG multiplier
kraken - this is the throw a brick through a window change I was banging on about in the last post. It now gives second strike on the second of two wave attacks. So there is a % chance to kill one unit for a limited number of times on the second wave. This is now a garbage GB and I have lost millions of FP's because of this change. You've go to be f-ing kidding me.
blue galaxy - gold levels work in QI as they do in main city. Limited number of charges to get a varying % chance based on level to double collection in QI. I think this is good for people that already have a high-level BG past lv 158 but I can't see anyone being motivated to build it to level 500
HC - enhances existing spoils of war
Shattered Horizon Siphon - increases contribution rewards when contributing to gold levels of other GB's. That's anything over lv 100 now but again if you have a full contribution boost thread what will be your return on investment?
For copper levels we're just going to add the graphics given to us as it's a lot of typing and they use "penal units" for troops produced by traz and I kind of like that.
Leveling costs changes examples. This is sincerely all we were given so all you SHS folks asking for costs you'll have to wait a couple of days.
Here is the cost to level all the prestige tier GB to level 500
Here is the cost to level all copper only GB's to level 200
Contributions
When it comes to contributions and ARC/SHS boosts we got a very confusing information sheet that hopefully will be cleared-up before the official announcement. I will copy/paste it here in it's entirety.
All four of us read it. Between us we speak 9 languages. It didn't make sense to any of us so here goes. If it makes sense to you please comment.
"The percentage drops as levels go up, but level costs climb much faster, so the total reward still grows with every band. Contributing to a high level always pays more than contributing to a low one. And since it's a fixed share of a known cost, you can work out exactly what a spot is worth before you commit.
Note: The number of Blueprints you get from contribution rewards is reduced by around 60% to balance out the more efficient FP rewards and keep Blueprints a rare resource. Medal amounts don't change.
What about the Arc? On Copper levels, its Contribution Bonus works as usual. On Gold levels, the Contribution Boost only applies when you contribute to other Gold Great Buildings. Since the release of Stellar Age: Discovery, we have one more GB with the exact same effect: The Shattered Horizon Siphon's.
Gold levels now reward 7 contributor places. Copper levels keep 5. The total reward pot stays the same, it's just split more ways, so more people get something out of each level-up. Places are still ranked by total Forge Points contributed, and first place still takes the clear majority."
I don't know how to read that in any other way than to say the Arc was nerfed and I don't know what level your SHS and/or Arc have to be to get 2.0 contributions back.
On Beta right now we can get 2.0 returns on a lv 200 GB and it's only lv 300 and up that are screwed-up. With this change that would mean any GB in the threads that is level 101 or higher gets what boost? 1.0?
GB refinery still exists but honestly just take spots on people's GB's and avoid all that.















The CDM is a total kick in the nuts as you said. How could they switch from blue to red like that?
ReplyDeleteThe people in charge don't play the game. They probably think it's no big deal like if you switch red to blue in GE or GbG it doesn't matter. This isn't on the devs they are not the ones making these changes.
DeleteOk, read Inno's GB post. All I can say about the Kraken is "what the F". Guess I wasted millions for nothing. I'm getting close to calling it quits with this game. It's already a HUGE time suck. One more GB postponement and I'm done.
ReplyDeleteI'm 100% with you. The four of us who run this site are having a zoom meeting in a week to decide if we want to continue playing. Giving it a week to cool-off but I think I'm done.
Deletenow I understand the post from two days ago. WTF is this shit
ReplyDeleteI felt bad not saying specifically what I was so pissed about because I didn't want people deleting their Krakens only for Inno to change again. But I wanted to sound the alarm and it doesn't look like other FoE content creators are doing that. I guess they don't want to risk sponsorship.
DeleteThe proverbial bait and switch on the Kraken is insulting to anyone that started thinking that would be good after the last update attempt. It is absolute garbage now like it always was before.
ReplyDeleteYes, 100% yes
DeleteIf the Kraken would of been given unlimited attempts on 1st and 2nd wave attacks to remove 1 unit, that would of been so-so, but still somewhat bad compared to what it was. But what they ultimately chose was very bad with the limited attempts on that GB.
ReplyDeleteIt's bad on two fronts. First as a gold tier boost you can't justify spending 200k FP/level + at lv 250 (I think going from memory) let alone what it cost to get to lv 500.
DeleteSecond they took away the GbG multiplier which made this go from one of the best to one of the worst GB updates.
When you guys posted that "don't panic" thing I thought it was hyperbolic and screaming the sky is falling. Days later I owe you an apology. You guys fucking nailed it.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to lose near 2 million FP when I delete my Kraken. The Arc only works on GB's below level 100 now? Who asked for this? I have to take Arc to level 500 to get the boost I'm getting now on live server?
There's nothing anyone can say that will convince me the people making these decisions actually play the game. Zero chance.
Some a-hole in a fancy office will justify CdM going oh we just switched the QI color what's the big deal? They don't get it. I feel like I took crazy pills and this is all just a bad trip and none of it is real.
I must have taken the same crazy pills Marc. No need for the apology. I was just venting and kind of shocked at how quickly the GB update plan changed and what it changed into.
DeleteI deleted a lv 100+ kraken ages ago and built it again when I saw the multiplier boosts for GbG. I tried to get it to lv 300 before the update thinking it's going to be crazy expensive to level after the change so I poured every city collection into it for months. Now it's useless. It's all a waste. WTF are they thinking?
ReplyDeleteI can say for certain that the old-time devs did not make this decision as some are pissed. They see the game as their baby but the company that took-over doesn't see it the same way.
DeleteOn dev said, "Die Spieler werden das ablehnen, und wir werden alle unsere Jobs verlieren."
Which roughly translates to the players will reject and we'll all lose our jobs.
for level 101 and higher GB arc is useless. Well that's just great. Go to level 500 to have what we have already right now is genius level thinking
ReplyDeleteIt's actually worse. You need to get Arc and SHS to level 500. Both of them to get to 1.9
Deletethey did TA dirty, same for HC
ReplyDelete100%
Delete"They completely shuffled the boosts, and those of us who leveled up our buildings for the multipliers are the ones paying the price. They changed them just to remove the silver tier and cut the required points by 80%. Other than that, they kept telling us to level up our buildings and that there would be no issue. It's a huge mockery."
ReplyDeleteBeing insulted as a player is the appropriate way to feel right now.
DeleteI'm tempted to delete all my GBs, tell Inno to go F themselves, and drop Solaras everywhere. Just play GbG and attack stuff, nothing else. MOOOO! 🐮
ReplyDeleteThe four of us are having a meeting in a week to see if we want to continue with this game. You are not alone in those thoughts.
DeleteSolara does rule the world
ReplyDelete"I am aware of that, my friend. I am reaching 60 solara, but we are talking about the mockery going on with the Great Buildings."
ReplyDelete"I am aware of that, my friend. I am reaching 60 solara, but we are talking about the mockery going on with the Great Buildings."
ReplyDelete"Now we need to level up Alcatraz to 201, the Symphony to 101, and together with Aachen at 201, get that +19% boost. If someone has an 80,000 red attack stat, it will push it to 95,000... Before, we had the Kraken, now they tell us 'never mind the Kraken, level up Alcatraz'... Such a joke."
ReplyDeleteI think there are a lot of people who've had enough. The rug pull with the Kraken for me was the last straw.
Delete